Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Easter Baskets on a Budget

 
The final topic I want to cover this month is the building of Easter Baskets. First of all you should have been saving your coupons for Easter Basket items, but if you don't have a stash never fear it is not too late, there will be printable coupons this month and next of course, but also check out gas stations for vendor coupons for candy. These usually don't make for a huge discount if used at the gas station but most are manufactures coupons and can be used at a discount store or Walmart for a significant savings. Next you need to pick a theme for your basket I usually do summer stuff such as flip flops, sunglasses, drink bottles, things that I will have to buy my kids anyhow. There are also a lot of great board game and movie coupons available to print that you could build a basket around. Finally you need to select your container, once again I usually try to go for something useful like a beach bag, or a sand pail but there are also some great ideas out there to make your own baskets. Here is a cute one to try if you like to sew:
Fabric Easter Basket


Early next month I will post pictures and a cost run down for the baskets that I create showing everyone how to make cute baskets on a a budget.

Here are the topics that I will cover next month: Frugal outdoor and landscaping projects, Birthday party ideas on a budget, fun ways to get kids involved in yard work.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment