Friday, August 5, 2011

Monthly shopping trip statistics

I just completed my monthly grocery shopping trip and I thought that I would share my statistics with you so that everyone can get an idea of how I shop and how much I save on average. Also, keep in mind that I shop for one month at a time (see my meal planning section for more insight), and that while I am buying the items in my monthly meal plan, I also use items from my pantry that I have stocked up on earlier and I replenish my pantry with good deals that are not in my plan for the month each trip. This month I also purchased one RX and two large hams that I intend to freeze for the holidays, (used the $2.00 off coupons from All You Mag for these!). So here is my breakdown (won't list each item because it would be too much), purchased 82 items, total before coupons was $216.11, total after coupons was $174.51 with tax,  I used exactly 40 coupons (the limit before you need management approval ;)) which averages out to  $2.13 per items (including my hams!), so not a bad month at all. I will purchase a gallon of milk here and there, but I am done with grocery shopping until Sept. unless of course a great deal comes along to stock my pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment